:Insert Inspirational Phrase Here:

The place where thoughts get thought out. Or something like that.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Wow, I've Been Lazy..

There's been a few things that have happened since the last time that I've posted here.
Most of it was forgettable, but there probably things I would've posted about them anyways.. Ah, well, oppotunity wasted, and whatnot.

I actually had another post ready and waiting for posting, but I'd forgotten to do it. With all the things that have happened at work and home, I'm not surprised that it slipped my mind.

Well, I wrote it, so I might as well post it... keep in mind that this thing is over a month old now.

Oh. And I'm back home now, by the way.

"Columbia

Ok, so, now I'm in South Carolina working at USC (that's the University of South Carolina, for all you wisecracks out there). It's in the South (yeah, capital S), and you'd think that all of those little cliches were true (well, you would if you lived on the West Coast all of your life, and watched as much TV as I have).

Strangely enough, I haven't yet seen one Confederate Flag. Nor has anyone refered to me as "boy". And, no, I haven't even heard that much of an accent.

So TV lied to me.

Ah, well, that's another childhood illusion shattered by the Steel Forged Hammer of Reality.

In case you're wondering, the people out here are pretty cool. Real easy going. It's a nice change of pace from the hectic rat race that is living in Southern Cali.

Although I do feel like I've been here way too long.

It isn't as if this place has not flaws. There are many, although they relate more to inconvenience than anything else.

For one thing, I'm staying at a Holiday Inn that's practically on the University Campus. You would think that would afford me some sort of convenience. You would think that, this being the largest university in the are, that there would be grocery stores, or a drug store somewhere within walking distance of the campus.

You would think that.

The only things near the campus are some gas stations, a cheap 7/11 ripoff, and a Wendys (where it's a 15 to 20 minute wait until you get to the serving counter).

So I've been eating Junk Food and Pizza for the better part of the month.

You know, if you had told me 16 years ago that I'd eat nothing but Pizza, Chips, and assorted junk for 3 weeks, I would've been happy.

Somehow, it no longer appeals.

Hell, I'd like to get some more exercise too.

Oh, well, I'll try to keep this updated more often. I've been really busy lately."


I've changed my opinion of the place since I've come back. The people were great...

...if you didn't have to work with them.

I hate to say it, but the people at the laboratory at the University of South Carolina are some of the laziest, most irresponsible, and rude people that I've EVER had the misfortune of working with.

Whew.

Felt good to get that off my chest.

OK, I'm reorganizing my life now, in all ways possible, so expect to see more here as I figure out what's Important to me and what's Not.

(and to the person or persons reading this that Know Who They Are: You're Very Very important to me)

Secret messages to certain parties are fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home